zondag 20 mei 2018

Marine Corps vs Andrayada 1500 pts FWC Battle Report

So, after the testbattle from two weeks ago to more or less getting to refresh the rules (to no avail, I still forgot a heap of things), my Emperor's Children took to the field to battle the cyborg Andrayada.

Set at 1500 points, an average sized game, the 18 by 48 table was filled with scenery and the forces revealed that would take on each other.

And I was in for a not so suprise, as Nemesis had brought along one of the big walkers.  He had also upgraded some of his units, like shields on the small walkers and higher command on his officers.  This meant he brought along a CO and a HQ, 3 stands of Infantry, 2 Scouts, 2 small walkers, a four legged missile beast and the big walker.  That guy, being an Elite, would surely give me issues...

... as would my general command rolls this battle, as I barely managed to give more then 2 orders with my command 10 and 2 command 9 HQ's.  Supporting these I brought 6 units of regular Marines, of which two had the Rocket Launcher upgrade.  I also took two Rhino ifv's and a Land Raider, a recce bike, three regular bikes (the steeds of Slaansh), and two whirlwinds.

I had to start deploying first but had more battlegroups, while Nemesis took the first turn and made full use of the unlimited Initiative of his forces.

One of the Whirlwinds was the first to go as the Titan blew it up from across the board.

In the meantime, my mobile force part moved to the bridge to cross the river dividing the board in two.  Botched rolls meant the force didn't advance as far as I liked, let alone get any decent shooting off.


The second whirlwind quickly got taken out, resulting in neither of my (only) long range decent firepower having even loosened a single shot...


My infantry slowly advances towards the second crossing, as the bikes and rhino get over the bridge to try and get around his flank.


But this beast kept wiping at least a unit per turn with it's +1 to hit, -1 save 6 dice gun.

Slowly, we are getting into the fight though, as I am starting to pin down his central line, and finally take down his very first stand of infantry in a gunfight with my Marines.

I must admit, that Fearless rule of my army, while not as spectacular as the Andrayadans unbreakable rules and Cyborg benefits, did start to make an impact as my Marines barely got pinned during the battle compared to the robots now fire was being returned.

At a high cost, the bikes and Rhino flank break through as they finally take down the flank units, now focussing on the small walker.  But the big beast is turning now my way, and further then some pot shots on taking his shields down a bit, I don't get.


The Andrayada units at the crossing are taken down slowly, and he reaches his breakpoint first in the battle, which is not of any use actually in this game... but he is getting low on units this way.


The Marines cross the river now as well, and the titan has to turn back my way to protect it's flanks.

Advancing the infantry, and a bike sneaking behind his line, the shields are taken down on the big guy.  Bolter fire keeps pouring in (I managed to finally, finally get a chain of orders in) and he is dwindled down by the small arms fire, crashing to the ground.

The battle is now over, even though I had to pass a bottle test first, which I did.  The last Andrayadan infantry stand, surrounded on all sides, is taken down by the howitzer Rocket Launchers, securing the win...



What a battle... the Titan eventually did go down, but that was more because Nemesis screwed up some command rolls as well (though he did get the double one free order in) because per shooting order he genarrly took down a unit.  Heck, of the 8 units I lost (my breakpoint was 7, +1 for my flexibility rules), one WASN'T caused by that monster, and I was forced by it to storm it through the open once his supporting force collapsed under fire.

Man of the match as such has to be found in the loosing camp with that big guy, while for my side at best I have to go for the bikes who held out far longer then expected at the bridge, with their limited firepower...

But it was a great game, and I have truly found my love for the gamesystem again, now to seek out just some medium armour models to expand my forces with...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten