woensdag 31 december 2014

The Year 2014 part 5: Building Into 2015

And so we have arrived at the very last day of the year, and the very last post for 2014 on this little corner of the internet.

In this final part, I`m going to be looking forward into 2015, and which goals I have set myself for the new year.

One thing I`ve learned, is to not be to ambitious in things to try and get done, as real life has the nasty habbit of messing all things up fast and spectacular, so I`ve aimed for a mix of long and short term goals. 
Another thing I found out is to focus mainly on one sort of hobby in those goals, or they are getting in the way of each other, so 2015 I`ve focussed my goals on the little bricks.

The main goal for the coming year is to get the whole Lord of the Rings / The Hobbit ranges completed, including exclusives like the SDCC micro build and the US released Bilbo from the DVD box.  The last one I have tracked down in the meantime and should be in the mail to me soonish, but for the rest it is still do-able in value if I can get the funds together to go after them before the half of the year.
I namely expect them to start rising seriously when the last vestiges of Jackson`s epic work start to dwindle down, and the SDCC I know is going to seriously cost me anyways.  I estimate around 500 euros remaining on the whole range, about which half is taken up by the two exclusives...

The second big goal this year is to try and get the Age of Mitgardia tag, for completing all the builds over all the categories.  I still need to do slightly over a dozen, meaning I`d need to churn out about 1 a month without distractions.  I know I`m more of a few at a time builder, but even though tight, the timetable is manageable and I already started work on one recently.

I`ve also planned a few display builds like the Lake-Town I`m doing at current.  While Lake-Town is the big one I want to finish, I`m also going to try to make two smaller ones this year, namely Rivendel build around the Council set, and Weathertop, build around the well, Weathertop set...

For Brick Mania 2015 in Antwerp, I want to be able to bring along something bigger.  A few weeks ago, the local television showed a rather nifty church building located in Trinidad, Cuba.  With some modifications (though I think I`ll be keeping the yellow and sand green colours) this can be transformed in a great fantasy tower...

And then there is that certain iconic spaceship I`m wanting to build soon...

Now, that is mostly the `on hands` goals for the coming year, but there are some video game related goals as well, even though I know it will be near impossible to complete those two.

The first one is to Platinum all the remaining Lego games on VITA and PS3, which are 9 at the moment and all are in a various state of played through.  For the VITA that`s the Ninjago and BatMan 3 games, while for the PS3 I`m talking both Batman 2 and 3, Marvel Superheroes, The Hobbit, Indiana Jones 2, Star Wars 3 and the Lego Movie...

I know the Vita games can go swiftly, but the 100% unlocks on the PS3 ones take some mighty grinding and will be taking a whole lot more of time, coming down to about a game a month and a half on average.

If I can actually reduce this list to about 4, not counting all that will probably be coming out this year in the franchise, I`d be happy, but seeing at least two games are said to be planned (on both game systems) with Jurassic World and the final The Hobbit, I think the counter will be at status quo at the end of 2015.  Oh well, as long as it doesn`t increase...

The final goal is to get all achievement points for Minifigures Online, which is as good as impossible to get.  I`m under half at the moment, though I already added in the points you can earn with the still officially to appear here Series 13.  This means a LONG grind is still in front of me considering all those figures that need to master the Lost Creations`s first 15 levels...

But well, I probably will have `some` free time the coming months, so it`s time to grind those wheels and get going on trying to cross off as much as possible from the list in 2015.


And to all, a happy New Year, best of wishes and hopefully see you all back here next year!

Which is basically tomorrow...

1 opmerking: