vrijdag 11 oktober 2013

Old School Saint Cloths

Remember that lead I told you about a few weeks ago, but I dropped in favour of something for the GF?  Well, I had a tiny bit of budget leverage this week, and hurried over to Mekanik Strip.



I was in luck, they where still there... four classic asian version saint models, the old school edition of object / cloth modus.  At 17.50 a piece, they aren`t that spectacular in price, but as I didn`t have any postage costs to take into account, it was a decent deal in the total cost.

So now I have these classics in my cabinets, two of the old school Black Saints in Pegasus and Cygnus, and the two Specters Shion and Shura.



Now, compared to the Myth cloth range they look VERY primitive, but 25 years ago, these models where all there was, and I still regret the day puberty hit and the hurricane called `Mommy` managed to get me to throw out all my old toys.

The capitals that went into garbage bags back then... my heart still skips a beat and my kidneys still start stinging spontaniously when I think back...

Now, you could say they are even butt ugly, but even with the Myth cloth range that at times still is the case (version 2 bronzes come to mind), but I must say Shura is even half decent, and I think Black Pegasus is actually quit okay as well...




Nothing spectacular about the Cygnus, being like all bulky, but Shion was actually a pain to put together if you, like me, use the unhelmeted version.  The hair is actually an integral part of making sure the shoulder and chest stay well together...





Never the less, I`m a happy little boy with my new toys, now to start compilling my wishlist for FACTS next week and make the necessary additions to the shopping lists.  Like trying to find a version 1 or 2 Hyoga of this classic series, and a `gold` Deathmask as I already have him as a Specter...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten