The idea for this MoC is that when Bilbo set out from the Shire with the company of Thorin Oakenshield and Gandalf the Grey, he didn`t know anything outside his rural life. During the long walk, Gandalf brought Bilbo up to date on what had come to pass in the world. So we come to this moment in Bilbo`s unexpected journey that they pass some ruins of the men of old, all the while that Gandalf is telling stories of a past of glorious heroes and evil beings...
I based my build around the areas and atmosphere we get to see in the movie inbetween Bree and Rivendell, with the trolls and everything. Here we often glimpse old ruins that nature has reclaimed, and fallen statues of mighty warriors that lost their battle with the elements. It isn`t all that doom and gloomy looking per se, but for Bilbo, this is all a world of marvel and adventure... and took the title from the famous Bilbo song from the end of the book, and in sort sung by Gandalf at the beginning of the Lord of the Rings.
- Roads go ever ever on,
- Over rock and under tree,
- By caves where never sun has shone,
- By streams that never find the sea;
- Over snow by winter sown,
- And through the merry flowers of June,
- Over grass and over stone,
- And under mountains in the moon.
- Roads go ever ever on
- Under cloud and under star,
- Yet feet that wandering have gone
- Turn at last to home afar.
- Eyes that fire and sword have seen
- And horror in the halls of stone
- Look at last on meadows green
- And trees and hills they long have known.