dinsdag 31 december 2013

The Playstation Challenge: the final tally

And so it has ended, 365 days of battling it out with the joypads over a PS3 and a VITA, in order to decide which family contained the biggest geek of them all, and giving ultimate bragging rights.



It all started the 31st of december 2012 at 0.01 and at that same date and hour, but exactly one year later, the books can be put down.

But first, let's have a look at the final month, december, and what a month it was, the past 5 days seeing no less then 4 platinums pop divided under both contestants.

And here it is, the one and only Playstation Challenge 2013...  A fight between me and Andy, who will gain the most PSN points during the course of 365 days...

Deciding the winner:

Less then a gap of 8400 is a victory for me, more then 9000 points gap is a victory for Andy, and in between those two extremes it becomes a draw


The oversight of gained spoils, updated after every monthly update post.

FINAL update: 31st of December 2013

Yokai_Tomsche



Points: 69.195 + 4965 pts
Level: 18 - 64% + 62%

Platinum Trophies: 25 + 4
Gold Trophies: 181 + 10
Silver Trophies: 517 + 40
Bronze Trophies: 2193 + 143

Games played: 369 + 17
Games Beaten: 52 + 5

AnRoDr



Points: 66.975 + 5295
Level: 18 - 37% + 1 level, + 66%

Platinum Trophies: 22 + 4
Gold Trophies: 193 + 24
Silver Trophies: 486 + 33
Bronze Trophies: 2071 + 95

Games played: 247 + 6
Games Beaten: 41 + 5

This means Andy starts the year with a lead of 8670 points, currently the gap is - 2220 (WIN TOMSCHE)

So this month went to Andy again, clocking monthly wins off at 7 for me and 5 for him, but he only outscored me by 330 points... not enough by a long shot.

When he started the month with two immediate platinums, I could only react with my own Saint Seiya platinum.  Halfway I brought it in balance with the Lego Marvel platinum on the VITA, then to overtake by platiing both Shrek and Lego Lord of the Rings the last week.  Which he reacted to with also 2 platinums, balancing it out at 4 each this month... and at 8 platinums, the highest month score of the whole contest.

But it wasn't enough, and in the end my immense game month of June proved to be the ultimate undoing as I made up no less then 8000 points that month, about 4/5ths of my final margin!

 Looking back over the 12 months...

In a years time, I scored 46500 points, compared to 35610 for Andy, meaning a respective average of 127,39 points a day against only 97,56 and that is of course the whole reason I won.  The result in the end was that i made good 10890 points in the course of 12 months.

We both gained more then 5 levels each in the PSN network, and scored a respectable 22 vs 15 platinums, beating 30 vs 26 games.  The goal of working away backlogs hadn't missed it's mark... where it not we both gained a lot of extra titles as well.

Even though in the final total Andy has more gold trophies then me, mainly due him having in his platinum cabinet both Trine 2 and Resistance: Burning Skies which are both as good as gold and plat only games, I did outscore him in every field this year.

The result on that was 136 gold, 319 silver and 1382 bronze trophies for me versus 114 gold, 240 silver and 1030 bronze for Andy.

Not a bad count for either over a twelve month period!

Of course, neither of us could have pulled this off without the support of our 'teams' being partner and kids, as well as those that helped out for online trophies in our own 'networks'.  And in case of the partners, especially in the patience area, boys and their toys you know...

Could I have scored more? 

Yes definitly, bar June I've been playing mostly my 'defensive' game, countering his platinums with one of my own, not pushing through to try and create a false sense of calmness.  I could have scored at least 7 or 8 paltinums more from the list of The Green Lantern, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Terminator Salvation and GI Joe Rise of Cobra, but I got bored of those and traded them away with 3 or 4 open trophies only remaining.
I could have pushed harder on some kids games that are easy platinums like Monsters vs Aliens, Toy Story 3, Madagascar 3, Bakugan... but as there was no need to platinum those, I didn't spend the time in them and enjoyed my LEGO games.
And I could have motivated the GF more to play her Rango and her Smurfs 2 to platinum, as they both are rather easy ones as well, jsut if needed cleaning up in the end.

Will I ever do this again?

NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!  The bookkeeping was one part, and I'm really glad, honestly, that I'm rounding this of and no longer need to focus on numbers.  That was by far the hardest part to keep track of it all, including having to switch halfway between 'providers' as YGC went poof.

Apart from that, I'm also tired of having to play crap games or games I didn't like at all for just that extra trophy that could be gained.  No, now I can sit back again and play what I like, which will be for me mostly my LEGO games.  Yes, I love them, even though platting them is a LONG grind or I would have nailed them all this year!

And Game of Thrones... 


But for now, all that remains is 

to thank all my fans and other people that followed our contest this year



my gallant opponent, who realised that defeat was imminent and spend his last hours to gain the Three-Bit Gangster trophy in GTA5 for the sake of the trophies name, a fitting salute to the competition



to bask in my glory and bragging rights which the winner would earn and think about what Andy is going to find in his cookbook




and get my ass down to the bedroom before my GF has completely forgotten who I am...







So this is it, the very last post of the contest.  I'll be removing the Playstation Challenge page at the top one of these days, so Andy, if you link this to the forum, put it directly to the post and not to the page this time round, the link will get broken otherwise around the end of the week. 

*Turning off the PS3 power*





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten