woensdag 27 augustus 2014

The Weekly `The Plan` temporarily suspended...

After 9 years of loyal service (and the necessary patchworks), my little computer is starting to fall apart at the seams.  You know the issues, low loading times, taking ages to copy files from folder to folder etc... let alone not `finding` files you want to delete.



This has to do (probably) by either the Win7 starting to show it`s age and in need of a fresh install, and on the other hand it is time to re-upgrade the RAM again as he starts running out of memory when various processes and games are running at the same time.

Now, this is going to result in me not playing any games for a serious amount of time until I get around in my filled to the cracks agenda to turn the machine in at the local store for the necessary hardware upgrades (I *fear* the Processor is also starting to show her age).  I also will be spending most of the time the coming week or two by ordening every file and transferring them to external hard disks and manage all the non-windows installed interior hard disks (D to J), which at a couple of terabytes is quite an immense job...

I solemly swear to orden them better after the PC upgrade...



Then of course there are all those `happy times` jobs of making a file with all the websites and links and passwords etc to be pasted in a word doc so I can re-cut and paste them on the fresh install, go through every nook and cranny of the machine to look for software I`ll need to reinstall and such afterwards...

Quite a piece of work in other words, but once it`s done should get the old machine a fresh lease of life for a few years again.

But tucked in between arranging the new school year, finding a part timer to cover the costs during the first semester, and the builds for Brickmania and GoH in Lego in between, I got my work cut out for the next week or two / three...


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten