maandag 23 november 2020

Idoneth Tidecaster

 Okay, two years or so after release, and about the same time of "buying in", I finally finished my first model for this awesome army.



Though it might take another year or two before I finish an actual army to play x-D

The reason I started the model is a painting challenge on Instagram, organised by Dark Elf Girl. Every now and then I join these challenges (time and theme permitting) because they are an excellent motivator to get some things going.
 


With the theme being "travellers", I thought the Tidecaster a good match.  Considering the fact I`m currently exploring the rules for WarCry (and who knows, might actually play a game of it in 2021) and the Idoneth will be my warband in there.  The Tidecaster can be taken in the forces since the Monsters and Mercenaries book, so off we go and this mage is ready to travel to the Eightpoints in an effort to find more souls to sustain his people.



The model itself is an excellent sculpt, and a great joy to paint.  I really like the Idoneth look of the fishes and everything around them, it just makes them stand out from so many other armies.



I also opted to do a waterstyled base, painting on the slow waves rolling by.  I`m kind of happy with the result as such, and it is a welcome change from the usual browns and greens for bases.

Now to assemble at least the models for the WarCry warband...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten