dinsdag 1 augustus 2023

The 9th Age: Infernal Dwarves Taurukh Enforcers

 The next completed unit for my army, which admitedly took about 2 weeks longer to complete then scheduled due to heat waves, are the Bull centaurs.



Or Taurukh Enforcers like they are called in The 9th Age.

A bit of a glass hammer as they stand somewhere between heavy and light cavalry ever since the days of Warhammer 4th edition, they do pack some serious punch.  Unfortunatly for the tournament force, they will be going in without a command group and hero to make them a serious linebreaker, and I`ll be running them as flank threats.  Encircling hopefully the enemy to charge in side or rear when the enemy is engaged with the warriors, or as a bit of a clean up unit to hunt after enemy light troops on the flanks or warmachines.



The models are from Kings of war by Mantic, called Abyssal Half-breeds from their Abyssal Dwarf range, and where okay to assemble, though the very spikey armour didn`t make it simple to paint at times.  But I like how they turned out, the reddish orange of the bullskinned hind quarters going nicely with the blue and gold colourscheme I adapted for the force.



So to that end, this is a nice points boost in my force of 355 points, though I will still need to look to expand them with a command unit and 2 more loose ones.  I guess that means that either over the coming years I`ll need to grab three more boxes to make two full units of 15, or find 5 loose ones somewhere to convert them into a champion, standard and musician.  Nut those are plans for the very far future at the moment, as I still have a lot of units to recondition for my current force.



I guess 2024 will become "the year of the Chaos Dwarf" for goals...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten