vrijdag 4 april 2014

Pacific Rim trading cards - aiming for a Master Set

More details have been released on the Cryptozoic website about the upcoming Pacific Rim trading card set including box and binder art, and I decided I am going to aim for a `Master Set` of them.



Now what contributes a Master Set?  This depends a bit on who you ask, but generally (and for me) that includes a full Base Set + all the `memorabilia` cards like Autographs and the Props and Wardrobe cards in this case, as well as any promo cards.

Now, if we look at the contracted signers for the set:

Charlie Hunnam as Raleigh
Rinko Kikuchi as Mako
Ron Perlman as Hannibal Chau
Burn Gorman as Gottlieb
Max Martini as Herc Hansen
Brad William Henke as Miles
Diego Klattenhoff as Yancy
Larry Joe Campbell as Tommy
Robert Maillet as Aleksis Kaidanovsky
Heather Doerksen as Sasha Kaldanovsky
Mark, Charles, and Lance Luu as the Wei Triplets
Robin Thomas as the American UN Representative

There aren`t that many bog `A-list` actors on it, no offense to those that participated in what i think a fantastic movie, but bar Ron Pearlman and Burn Gorman I doubt the Autograph cards will run in the hundreds of dollars.  I especially have my eye set on Heather Doerksen`s card for a start (the female pilot of Cherno Alpha).

The ratio of special cards in the set is going to be 1/24 for an Autograph, 1/24 for a Prop and Wardrobe card, and 2/24 for the Chase card sets of Jaegers, Kaiju and Pilots, so each box apparently should get you one signature, one memorabilia and 2 chase cards.

Knowing my luck, if I buy two boxes, I`ll have non and the guy behind will find 3 each in his boxed set...



Of course I`ll be getting the special Binder for this set, who will contain 72 Base set cards, and will cost 3.50 USD for a pack of 5 Cards, with 24 packs for a box.  Meaning that whatever of card trades I will be doing from now on, bar a special chance for long lost and hard to get Saint Seiya cards, or if it comes out the next expansion for Crusade, will be set aside to build a strong budget pool to obtain me a box or two upon release. 

Yes, I`m sticking with my plan of this year to have my old hobbies funding the remaining ones.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten