I blame the Smurf. I really do...
It all started out rather innocent a fortnight ago. It was a rainy sunday, the kid was a bit bored, so I agreed to sign up to one of those Facebook games he was playing, Top Eleven.
This is a soccer manager game, in the style of the old Domark ones (I played the season 94 Belgian - Holland one to pieces, even running a `league` in my classroom back then). You try and win some bids on players, you place your team in a certain set up and the computer simulates the match. My team was already 8 out of 26 game days in and in tatters, with a measly 4 points strong last.
A league consists of 14 teams, and the first 7 promote to the next `lvel`, so in the end I came up... second. And now am running a streak of 8 out 8 games without defeat in the current season (7 wins, 1 draw). I guess it is my very unorthodox field positioning I had been suing to success way back already in 1994, a 4-4-2 with a diamond on the midfield, but the flanks wide. It all depends on the quality of your DMC, as the center midfield will be flooded often.
But then I was strolling through the games I used to play when you`re all new on Facebook and such. You know, way back in the days when the original Mafia Wars was still a thing... and found I still had the Marvel game.
This was fun back then, though a bit limited in options and heroes, but never the less I went back in to have a look. At level 22, I was far behind, having missed years of possible exclusives and all, but I also saw Captain Britain was now an actual option in the game.
So I plunged back in, and still think the game just as addictive as back then. I got up 12 levels in the meantime, though most of my small hero squad are still very low level, so I`m grinding the low level quests for command points (to unlock premium missions and get more heroes signing on), and this morning I managed to get `my` hero, Captain Britain, recruited.
And now I`m back to the playing of browser based flash games... and I blame the Smurf for it!
Roar of Valor hoooooo!!!!
Low hanging fruit
-
I sat in a field with the wife the other week to watch the eclipse. Saw
bugger all as it happens, but something tiny in the grass (no not the wife)
bit m...
18 uur geleden




Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten