zaterdag 30 december 2017

Alpine Gnomes Crossbows and Gold Mage

My last entry for the year 2017 to this venerable challenge, I decided on a regiment of another Kickstarter that went relatively below the radar: Alpine Gnomes by OS (Old School) Miniature Company.

These dimunutive fellas, suited for 32mm games like Warhammer of 9th Age, are excellent replacements for Halflings.

You know, those guys that haven`t reappeared since the End Times, as the Moot disappeared probably between breakfast and second breakfast from the Warhammer world, and they are a still awaiting lunchies before returning.  So ruleswise, they are a Crossbow regiment now in my Empire army.

I grabbed the "army deal" from the Kickstarter, so I have a heap of other characters, a troupe of villagers and some regiments to go for them still, so that will make a nice small compartment of my total force, which I aim to get to 4000 points by august for a Big Battle Event at TSA.

The models themselves are lovely to paint, nice and clean sculpts and the alpine hats give them a nice touch.  But I struggle with the bases.  Lasercut MDF was`t "a thing" when I went on a more then a half decade long hobby sabatical, and when I returned to the fold past may, it seemed to be everywhere.  I still haven`t figured out a (non spraycan or airbrush) way to "prepare" them for example, so sorry that they look rather simple.

The lava-esque colourscheme on the other hand is to be totally "fitting in" with the rest of my Empre force (it`s on my own blog if you want to see it, under the The Armies tab) as I located my army to the Realm of Fire when Age of Sigmar was picked up by yours truly half a year ago.

I wish you all the best for 2018, and may all your (hobby) dreams come true!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten