maandag 22 januari 2018

Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge 8 month 1

So the first month of the challenge has passed this saturday, and how have I been progressing?

Well, good actually, because I am virtually on target...

Virtually?  Well, let me explain:

I have set myself a target of 750 points to reach, and currently I have scored 292 points in the first month, which is the result of painting all these figures:

Keep in mind the Earthshaker isn`t in the points yet, as it's in the current Bonus Round.  But that one should add another 70 points to the total (10 for the crew, 10 for the actual gun, and 50 for the bonus round).

And that is where the "virtual" comes in.  The 5 bonus rounds together wield an extra 250 points, so with 4 more the grab, that would be an additional 200 points plus the actual entries (again, including above Earthshaker).  Add to that a rather big points wise entry I uploaded for this week, my prognosed calculations would end me at 757 points if I did nothing else bar the bonus models, which should be 16 models still to go in 28mm, so that`s another 80 points as well.

So basically, I could now relax during the coming two months and only aim for those entries.  Which of course I won`t, but instead, I`m going to aim to reach at least the next "draw treshold" of 1.000 points.  heck, if I get everything painted I put aside, I might even reach 1.500 but I don`t really have my aims set on that one, because it would become to bothersome.

But for now, I`m putting out a nice and varied range of figures and scales, which of course in the end will be a lot of redistributing along my shelves.  Because for now I`m keeping all my entries together, for the "result" post at the end of the contest in march. 

And for ending in the first half of the table?  Well, that's looking on schedule as well at the moment.  I`m hovering around 25th place out of 80 (although about half a dozen didn`t make the cut of actually entering something in the first month), which should be a maintainable level of placement for the duration of the contest.  I got two entries planned still with a reasonably amount of points in the pipeline (okay, so I actually need to start them, but hey, details), and the rest of the contest I will remain aiming at entries of around 50 to 75 points on a weekly basis.  This doesn`t cause me to mentally melt-down under paint pressure, and as I said, I am virtually going to reach my target so the stress is down a lot...

Well, time to get back to the brushes!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten