donderdag 4 januari 2018

Ostermark Noble

The first entry of the new year, and it is a bit of a small one though, as well, the first wednesday came early to get stuff painted.  Family visits and such you know...

But to continue the steady drizzle of grabbing points left and right in the challenge, I am going to try and upload painted figures every week, and work to my target in that way.

The Province of Ostermark, in The Empire, is home to perhaps the most infamous city of the land, Mordheim.  Ever since it's destruction, the rural province has been plagued by bands of marauding Chaos followers, skittering Skaven and unlawfull highway men.

The standing army of Ostermark as such has it's hands full of keeping the province more or less safe, and the local Nobles often ride out with small parties to scour the land of any unwanted tourists.  Ostermark is also home to perhaps the most dashing uniform colours in the Empire, sporting a purple and yellow scheme (God, I hate painting yellows).

This noble as such has the barding and his clothing in the infamous eyecatcher colours, stoically observing the lands, lance at the ready.

The model is one of the older metal GW generals from the Empire, I believe he was from the era of the 6th edition somewhere early 2000s, and has been, well, lingering about 20 years in my boxes as such.  With me boosting up the Empire for a huge Age of Sigmar multi-player event at the club in august, I`m trying to put some units out and the Challenge is excellent to get of my easily distracted behind and actually work on the force while rotating with the other projects.

So after three weeks of Challenging, I currently completed 119 points, about 1 / 6th of my target of 750, and placed for the moment when this went online at spot 22.  Now, if everyone would just achieve their marks, i`d end up just in the first half of the table (38th out of 80 or something), so I`m on schedule for the first half of the table finish.
Though I am going to "up" my entries pointswise for now, going to focus a bit on painting 28+mm in order to rake in some big points, and secure my target hopefully by half of february, giving me a month of doing odds and ends then wihtout "points pressure".

That is it for this first time in 2018, a simple 10 points for an 28mm cavalry figure to get the year going...

1 opmerking: