maandag 24 augustus 2020

My Top 5 Fandoms: 3 - Star Trek

I must have been 7 or 8 when my auntie first showed me The Wrath of Khan... so no need to say this caused me to be sucked in a universe of gorgeous starships and daring adventures, without then realising exactly what I was watching.


Fast forward 35 years, and people automatically associate me with the Trekkie fandom, which isn`t far from the truth... yet as you see, it is NOT my number one.

When asked what I like about the whole thing, it's the Federation and it's gorgeous designs of starships in the first place, and the whole community spirit of what Earth has become second.  There is something about the designs in the ships that make them unique to the franchise, and I always loved it, with the Enterprise - A even been immortalised as a tattoo on my right leg.


On a series basis, I might be the odd one out, but I never was a big fan of the Next Generation (though I adore Picard) and the hideous Galaxy class, I myself am more of a Deep Space Nine fan.  Though I also liked Enterprise and to the woe of some, Discovery.


And of course I play Star Trek Online, since release date, though I have a more of a "periods yes, periods not" relationship with the game, as it usually has the fate of being put aside for a while when real life comes rearing in, or paint deadlines run thight.

But yes, for me the world of Star Trek is definitly high on the fandom list, just not as high as some might think as I am not hunting down every piece of lore or expanded novel lore to read, for me it's the starships that do it!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten