Okay, this is sort of a unicum for me, as it was the first series I read "digitally", bit easier at work.
Now of course, I've seen everything Demon Slayer that has been so far released, but never the less reading the series would unlock the special manga reading badge over on MAL.
Consisiting of 23 volumes, the series counts 207 chapters, drawn is a basic, not super awesome but neither to bad either style of panels. Now this has some serious downsides. The anime is praised for it's high level animation, especially the fight scenes are often awesome displays of animation techniques and effects, and that is something you miss out on in the "paper" version.
Now, the series did follow the manga pretty well, which is something that often happens with these longer animes (Boku No Hero for example comes to mind) as they have enough seasons and episodes to adapt the whole manga. Now, this also has a serious drawback, as I already know now how the whole anime will end, who lives and who dies. Which is why I won't be putting a story review down here though, to prevent any spoilers for those only watching the anime.
But just like the anime, this really is worth reading, and a manga that truly became a classic for good reasons.
And this also crushes my read 10 manga goal for the year in a fell swoop of the katana... I must admit e-reading manga helps a lot on that part, something I never would have thought. What might be next in modern day discoveries for this old otaku, audiobooks???





Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten