zondag 21 april 2024

Warhammer Underworlds Battlereport: Skaeth's Wild Hunt vs Fomoroid Crusher - Rampage

 Time for some solo Underworlds gaming, something I have been putting aside for far to long, as it has been years since my Zarbag's Gitz faced the big monster with mixed succes.



So now I'm going to start doing this some more, as I found a nice corner in the kitchen where I can play the little mini-game.
 
By the way, the rules are still available, just google Warhammer Underworlds Solo and you'll get a hit to the Warhammer Community site for "A Crushing Terror" which are these (Nightvault era) rules.

Like back in the days with the gitz, I'll be running a warband through all three of the battleplans, and the first warband to start the ordeal of trying to take this big monster down is Skaeth's Wild Hunt, the band I'm currently trying to get the hang off in Rivals format.  I'll also be using a Rivals deck tout court for these games.
 



Now, the Fomoroid is a slaughterer, it's third reaction, mainly used when he is in combat, hits automatically for 3 damage taking most models out in one go.  The "upside" in this scenario is that whenever someone falls, another fighter is immediatly inspired.  
 

Furthermore, you pick one upgrade for each model at the beginning, and the other upgrades are no longer used, so this is my starting line-up for the scenario. 



As the game begins, the Fomoroid Crusher automatically always takes the first turn, and charges at Lighaen, but the brave cat dodges the attack.  The crusher in return is charged by Skaeth, and gets hit for 2 damage thanks to the full support.

Lighaen is then taken down by the Crusher (what, an attack roll?  But I thought he auto-hit... yeah, bear with me), causing Skaeth to Inspire.



Brave Sheoch charges in, and thanks to his upgrade wounds the big beast for another 2 damage, before being smashed down as well (again, bear with me) after a gruelling roll from the Crusher, but inspiring Karthean.



At this point I realised I was forgetting the Breaker action of the Fomoroid Crusher, so playing Hunt In Concert, I pulled Skaeth out of contact.  I then used Fleet of Foot to move Karthean in as a sacrificial lamb for Skaeth, as Althaen would have her two shots and range to hopefully last longer then the wizard if needed.




Karthean strikes at the big beast, and wounds him again for three, meaning there are already 7 of the 10 wounds knocked off, before being smacked down himself (as it has been a long time, I forgot the maximum 2 damage unless a crit, but it wouldn't matter as you can see when you read on.  Surely some things have been refreshed for future games, but in my defence it has been 4 years since I used these rules).  Althaen then shoots off two arrows, wounding the big beast twice more and putting him on his last remaining wound.




So round one ends with three of the Wild Hunt already down, the other two now insipred, and the beast at 9 out of 10 wounds taken (so, technically 8).  I drew a new hand of power cards and the game went on!
 



The Crusher charges Skaeth as he is the closest model, but the Huntmaster defends against the attack.  In retaliation he throws his spear, but misses, playing Retrieve Javelin for another chance later on.



The Breaker action wounds the leader for 3, but with his spear he throws again, and it strikes home, knocking of the final wound (would have been two, so the oversight earlier didn't matter) and laying down the Crusher at long last.

So victory to the Wild Hunt in this first solo encounter against the Fomoroid Crusher, and it was actually not that hard to be honest.  As long as they could keep it in this scenario of any objective tokens, he wouldn't be hurling those around and probably take everyone out by the end of turn 1, suffering steady damage himself instead.

So, nice little quick game, taking about half an hour, and ideal for some quick late evening gaming!




 
 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten