dinsdag 30 juli 2024

A good haul of books!

 As people who follow this blogs Haul Report have seen in the past weeks, I have been bringing home whole cartrunks of books.

The story is as follows: my mother in law plays in an amateur theatre, but as they are fusing with another group, they are clearing out all their props.

And amongst those are about a 1000 books.  Initially, I was aksed to come and pick the books I wanted, being mostly the english languaged fantasy books, and I even dug op manga in the piles and cabinets.  But as they don't have enough man- and carpower to bring the books to the recycling center's book department, I reached an agreement.  I would take ALL the books, even those I don't have any intrest in, and would sort them out in the piles for me, for Noshi, for my collegues and friends etc...

I would then either try to sell off those that are still decent for a single euro a book to sponsor little Thorin's toycollection, and bring the books that I wouldn't want to put the effort in to the recycling center so they can sell them for their own profits.  Anyways, I could do with them whatever I wanted, as long as they where out of their storage.

So I agreed to this, and have been ferrying, sorting and listing hundreds of books over the past weeks.  It was hard work, taking up almost all my freetime, but in the end worth the effort.  Noshi got a nice stack, the children's books where nearly all divided amongst relatives and collegues with small children, and all the rest have been shifted and stored, or brought away.



But of course, I also had a hefty pile for myself from amongst all those books, and that is actually what this little post is all about, so without further ado, here is MY loot pile from this insane book haul!


Now that is a lovely pile of reading material, and much to bring reviews about as well in the coming years!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten