zondag 20 september 2015

Bombur blows the Horn of Erebor MOC

Ever since I was a wee little lad and I read the The Hobbit for the first time, Bombur has always been my favorite dwarf in the Company of Thorin.

Maybe it`s because I can relate to him due to physical errrm qualities, or the fact he was, well, just not a warrior at all, I don`t know, but I was excited to see how he turned out in the movie trilogy.

The breaking of the gates of Erebor is by far my favorite moment in the whole series of films, with at the moment of desperation, Bombur blowing a mighty horn and the bell crashes away the barricades.  It visually, and epically in music, struck me. 


So needless to say, I just had to have a little vignette of Bombur, unfortunatly they didn`t release armoured versions though of most dwarves, while he blew the horn.

I think it worked out rather okay, as there isn`t a `bend horn` in Lego to wrap all around his girth, so I had to create a mouthpiece, but it does represent the scene for me.

Now to one day build the actual smashing of the barricades ;-)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten