zondag 12 januari 2020

Warhammer Underworlds: Zarbag's Gitz vs The Eyes of the Nine battle report

So this is it, tonight I finally am going to seriously emerge myself in the game of Underworlds.  It's only down to season 3 already...


I had asked Jo to play me a few games, in order to sort of prepare for the tournament I have in the beginning of february, and bar some practice games with the season 1 starterdecks vs Noshi, I have zero experience.

So we settled down at the club for a "best of three" game, me fielding my freshly painted Zarbag's Gitz, while he brought along The Eyes of the Nine.

The first game was a lot of looking for explanations for me, and learning my models and how my cards exactly work.  My gang was beaten and smashed by his supreme sorcerer and his inspired big sword bloke, but due to some lucky objective pulling, I pulled out a 9 - 9 draw never the less.




In the second game, I had a bit more of an understanding of what my cards did, and the Squigs went on a rampage through his band.  I had learned two things from the previous game:
1. take out the wizard asap
2. place the boards so that they touch maximal, that way my larger numbers come better to bear.
The result was a whopping 7 points difference win, and Jo getting a trauma of my cries of "bouncy bouncy bouncy" as those two squigs literally dodged everything thrown their way, double crit even if needed...



In the third game though, I did another great discovery... the sheer destructiveness of my Fanatic.  he went on a total rampage through his band in turn one, smacking down both his wizard and his champion, decimating his warband.  The result was another round, like round 2, where I wiped his warband out and grabbed a solid 9 - 5 win as a result.


So three games down this year, and I managed to get two wins and a draw with my hackle jackle deck, zero experience and warband of tiny misfits.

I think I like these little greenskins, at least they are a TON of fun to play with...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten