woensdag 29 december 2021

The 2022 Hobby Goals: The Year of the Manga

 Well, let's call it "The Year of the Manga" and I set myself some goals for this year for it.
 

 
Because the venerable paperback will be the "main liner" of the goals I set myself for this year.

Read 100 books: yes, ambitious, but that is going to be including manga, which after all reads faster then a novel.  But not only that, it will also mean actually purchasing a LOT of manga, and bring by mangatheque back to the level it used to be, so that's a double bonus.

Watch 25 anime: while seeing low compared to the huge amount of series I watched last year (62 !!!), this has to do with the fact there is a 200+ episode on my planned watch list this year, namely Hitman Reborn! for cosplay purposes.
 
On the movies and series front, I`m not setting to high a goal this year.  Slowly but surely I have been drifting away from that medium for some reason, and not much catches my fancy anyways at the moment of writing.  Heck, is still need to see the last season of Vikings to give but one example... so I`m settling on 20 and 15 respectively.  Watch 20 movies and Watch 15 series as such it is.

Paint 15 models for MechaTop: time to boost those 1/400 scale models some more this year.
 
But I`m not going to be carrying over any paint goals of the previous year, the "fut" as we call it in flemish (basically, the drive) is still totally lacking to get into the hobby in earnest still.  It will come back eventually though, I`m sure of that.
But in all honesty, the way it stands as I`m writing this, I doubt painting will really pick up in the first part of the year, more likely it'll be something for the last quarter of the year even once Thorin goes to school.

Get cosplay fit again: currently sitting around a hulking 95 kilo's, the aim is to get back to the old "competitive weight" of 80.  Yeah, that'll be hard, but it will open cosplay-a-bilities galore!
 
Another section I replaced this year on the goals page, is the painting tally.  As I`m not seeing mass figure painting just yet, as noted above, I am going to keep track of all things anime I add to my collection this year, wether it is bought, won or gifted to me.  This will be for Figures, miscellanious merchandise like mini towels or keychains, manga, artwork, pins and buttons, DVD's and BluRay's and finally Plushies.  Mind you I`m only tallying stuff I`ll keep though...

So there we have it, my list of goals to aim for in the coming hobby year.  Some might be ambitious, and it is definitly all of a different order then what I aimed for in the past years, but never the less, there are no "sure shot wins" on the list this year either.

Let the year... BEGIN!

12 opmerkingen:

  1. Reacties
    1. Ah do enlighten me why? Because with a steady job in a high value turnover company, my own property housing and a family that has all they want, it seems I am doing SOMETHING wrong for not being a sour and embittered 40+ person it seems.

      Verwijderen
  2. Actually I retired at 48 and also obviously had a good job etc. i have owned my own property a house for years. I am not sour or embittered, but it seems you are over Brexit and new EU rules that thankfully we have no part off now in the UK.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Is that with or without that 38% drop of trade the UK lost?

      Verwijderen
    2. But easier to trade with the rest of the world. The UK is predicted to outstrip all the other G7 countries in 2022. More trade deals will be obtained. The EU is slowly falling apart anyway.

      Verwijderen
    3. Don`t get me wrong, I never had any gripe with the citizens of the UK, they can`t help decisions made higher ups and I know a lot of people overthere (in both camps, I've been across the pond quite a few times).

      So yeah, I hope your economy will restore itself, but that doesn`t mean I have to agree on the insane fees handlers charge for doing their jobs (half arsed often) and not being able to use a valuta calculator thouh.

      Verwijderen
  3. For example you called your child Thorin. A made up name of a Dwarf in a fantasy book. Did you ever think the child will spend the rest of his life with that name? The possible bullying at school. What his life will be like at work? Actually no you did not, did you?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Tststs, made up? Thorin is actually a name Tolkien borrowed from the Norse, meaning "brave" or "daring one", so one might want to check some facts before passing judgement out. Had he been a girl and I would have called the baby "khalissi" or the likes, I would have been able to relate to your gripes.

      But if one wants to pass judgement on names, at least I didn`t call him the greek adjective of "flat nose" to refer to the Jews in the Roman Judea era now did I.

      Verwijderen
    2. He will still suffer and you are not Norse.
      Again I did not choose my name, but no one bullied me for it.

      Verwijderen
    3. By that same logic, neither where your parents Roman Judeans, but hey.

      It could be that he gets bullied, it could be that on the contrary perhaps to your experiences, people are actually not bullies in the core.

      I don`t have a glass ball so who will tell.

      On the other hand, I`m becoming a real fan of you though, seriously. So hard even that I`m going to dedicate a whole post to you, a real ode. Because heck, I ain`t a grown up after all it seems, so why should I behave like one then right?

      No my dear sir, I really don`t get it where or when it did get personal from your side though.

      Verwijderen