Okay, so I bought my first `new` Transformer from the local Bart Smit toystore earlier this week. The reason is simple: Superion.
Yeah, I always loved the g1 Aerialbots combiner, actually back in the days he was the only one I actually had completed.
Now, what is Powerglide doing with them??? Well, according to the `comic lore`, Sligshot got to badly damaged to be repaired, and Alpha Bravo (the chopper limb from the new wave of Aerialbots) stepped in as a replacement in the gestalt, while Powerglide volunteered to become the big guys weapon.
He is as such the smallest of the 6 members now of the Aerialbots, and retails here at 15.99 euro. All plastic, he is great in poseability, as you can see here on the picture (yeah, I had some fun with him on my Lego Avengers Helicarrier).
Powerglide still has his original cartoon looks and transformation, still being a red `Rattler` attack plane, unlike some of the more recent ones having had an upgrade (mostly the Aerialbot enemies though, the Stunticons) in alt modes.
Now, one of the woes I often hear, is how the new generation transformers don`t do justice to their G1 contemporaries. In Powerglide`s case, let the following picture say more then a 1000 rants:
But as new member of the Aerialbots, as said, his job is to become the big boomstick for Superion, a transformation that starts from his airplane mode and basically lowers his engines and flips up his arms, while his, excuse the term, `buttplate` becomes the targetting visor. No idea personally how he will look on the big fella, as I haven`t have him in my hands... yet.
His transformations aren`t to complicated, but I must say I really like the model. He has for me about the right size for an action figure toy, he is stable to pose on a shelf, and isn`t insanely expensive.
A good buy, even if you don`t want to build the gestalt.
Low hanging fruit
-
I sat in a field with the wife the other week to watch the eclipse. Saw
bugger all as it happens, but something tiny in the grass (no not the wife)
bit m...
19 uur geleden









Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten