woensdag 26 december 2018

The 2018 Goals: How did it go?

And thus the year comes to an end, and it is time to look back on 2018 and see how the set goals went.

Though over the course of the year, a couple of the ones I started out with where deleted and replaced with other things...

Looking at the sidebar for that, perhaps the most obvious is the dropping of the ACW OrBat for Fredericksburg.  After completing the Irish Brigade and taking her to war at the club, the period dropped dead and after a months long dryspell I just sold off the army and replaced it on the "eternal" objective list with my Emperor's Children for the rest of the past year.
While I didn`t get the subfactions (being the Slaaneshi demons and the Renegades) to the aimed 1500 and 500 points respectively yet, the whole force is hopefully clocking off on 10k painted at least in the future.

On that painting level, the past year I finished a nice heap of 609 models, albeit that is only around the same amount then the shorter year of my return 2017, where I painted 626 models.  But that included a lot of 6mm and way more free time as my professional situation changed drastically the past year.

I did obtain, and actually double, my AHPC8 goal of 750, ending there with 1583 points instead... but come the big holiday period and a lot of travelling, paint numbers went from averaging 50 models a month to about 20 as a result.

The Blood Bowl just bit the bullet, after the initial 4 models at the beginning of the year, I didn`t get round painting up more for the rest of the year, but they'll be on the to-do list soonish to get it all out of the way.

The Crisis models are also going to be rounded out the next year, as I stopped painting them the moment the deadline for the Crisis magazine was upon us.  And I got another coverpicture for that magazine in that time.

A couple of "failures" on the list are due to total loss of intrest.  The Tombstone warband, the Age of Sigmar game, the Tau Empire and the DBA... due to a variety of factors I`ve lost intrest in either the game or the models / setting over the course of the year, and decided to search for new homes for the models.  That way, I could get some more figures for things that did intrest me, but that is for tomorrow's 2019 goal post.  The 6mm is another story, as I still want to repaint my gashapon for FWC, but I ended up with painting an epic version of my Emperor's Children first.

To round it all out on the wargaming level, I smoothly achieved the 5 wargame events and conventions this year, totaling 7, due in part to a lot of mega games being hosted, of which I picked up a few to join in.

Other obtained goals this year where the movies, the series and the animes at respectively 54, 18 and 35.  I crushed the numbers so to say, as me and Noshi dare to binge evenings.  As a result, I`ll be pulling those three's numbers up with 5 for the next year. On the other end, the books.  I just haven`t come around to much "bus reading" for reasons, and as a result this was a struggle.  Next year, that number is coming down with 5 instead... because while I totalled 28 in the end, this was mainly due to some "forced reading" came september.

On a blog level, it has been a year of two milestones: I broke the 3000 post wall, AND more importantly the 1 MILLION views wall, thanks a lot to all those people reading my ramblings!

What's more, in the all time top 10 of posts, there have been 3 new entries this year, for the first time in a while.  In february, the French Indian Mega Battle entered the top 10, and in oktober the Armies on Parade did the same.  November then saw the show report of Crisis 2018 thunder into the top 10.  There should have been FOUR entries actually, as the 40k Mega Battle has scored higher in reading numbers then the last three current entries in that list, but for some reason of obscureness, blogger isn`t registering it in there... odd.

But there we are, the end tally of the year 2018, all in all an okay but not excellent year in achieved hobby goals, but it could have been far worse instead...

And now, all the bars on the side can be reset and the 2019 goals, which I'll be talking about tomorrow or so, can be placed!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten