dinsdag 4 december 2018

The Temptation of the One Ring

It's a strange cycle to be honest... but I guess you can say I'm a Tolkien fanboy.

And that is from LONG before the movies.

You see, I've been wargaming since ages, and in some way, the Lord of the Rings always finds his way into my hobbies. Some might think my current craze is with the newest edition of the GW game, but nothing less is true.



For that, let's go backwards in time.  During my break from wargaming, I did five years of LEGO moc'cing and expositioning.  And my "theme" I build in, and that could be seen here on the blog, was of course Tolkien...

Before that, I played the GW Lord of the Rings game, just look at the current header of this blog for example, the Helm's Deep project we ran at TSA back in the early 2000s.  The Two Towers edition was out since december before, the Return of the King edition was on the way, and War of the Ring for mass battles wasn't even in eyesight.  So with all the one on one pairing rules, we fought this epic battle.
My mate Jo had build the table and most of the Uruk Hai, while each and every defender on the Deep or relieving rider of Eomer was mine.



But you said you played them before the movies?

True, as if I look back at this first "mega game" we ran at TSA, looooooong before the internet days, we had a Warhammer Siege.



And who stand ready there to sally out of the castle?  Indeed, the Rohirrim, back from when the license was with what is now Black Tree Designs, and LONG before any movie was even a rumour they where producing book based figures.

So yes... I wantttsss it... I neeeddddssss it... my preciousssssssss...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten