maandag 16 december 2019

By Fire and Sword

Now this is a purchase I have been pondering for well, nearly a decade or something.

Ever since the game first came out in any case at Crisis, I believe 2012 or something, and I loved the concept and the figures.

And now I've bitten the bullet and grabbed at last the Cossacks, the force I wanted to play from the beginning when I saw the rules, with their unique Wagon Train.  The fact it's the "lesser known" part of the 17th century wargaming in these regions, focussing on the war in Eastern Europe compared to the ECW that was taking place here, gives it another certain appeal.


Surely, made in metal these aren't cheap models for 15mm, and truth to be told, I don't think it ever kicked off in the three wargame clubs I know around here, but there is something so appealing about the miniatures I just needed to have a force.  It's that strange wargamer craving for something, even if it isn't perhaps the best decision ever made.

It also helps of course, to get an idea, that the (first edition, they are now at the second version) of the rules can be downloaded for free HERE.  That at least gave me an idea of how the forces work (they use orbats like the older editions of FoW did) or what needs to be purchased for the force to expand on it.

So guess I'll be painting up some 15mm in the coming year for sure...

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Interesting! I have a Polish and a Turkish army, yet to be painted. And the rulesbook. I live and game in Sint-Niklaas at HQ gaming club. Maybe someday in the future?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. We can arrange that once the army gets painted up!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen