zondag 29 december 2019

The Best of 2019

Here we are again, another year has passed and it's time to look at the totally subjective, my choice, best of from 2019.

As always, there will probably be choices in here one does not understand, but the mind of The Von Geekington works in mysterious ways.  

Starting of this year, it's Best Movie.  And for me, that was Bohemian Rhapsody.  As a Queen fan, I cried and I cried and I cried...


But for Best Performance, I`m going for Hugo Weaving in Mortal Engines.  The movie was a contender for best I`ve seen, but he is just fantastic (again) in this one.


The Best Series is a recent addition, as Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance is just totally awesome stuff.  Beautifully made, it was worth the 37 year wait...


Best Book this year is actually a rulebook, in the form of Games Workshop's Battle Companies 2.0, as this allows me to play Noshi in my favorite fantasy setting during the evenings.


Best Toy well not really a "toy", but whatelse could it be then the Ender 3 Noshi gave me this week for christmas.  A new world has opened, and it will make the hobby a LOT cheaper to boot!



Best Anime is a special this year, in the form of the Date a Live franchise "Encore", it was such a beautiful and yet gut wrenching special...


Best Game: well, what else then Battle Companies, for the same reasons as listed above for Best Book to be honest.


For Best Videogame I am going for Harem Heroes, a cellphone hentai game, and about the only thing I actually played this year for more then a week... videogaming has really fallen off the bandwagon in this busy and hectic year called 2019.


Best Wargame Figure: Big gun, number one!!!!  Yeah, it remains my all time favorite, and with my resurgence into fantasy ranked battles, I obtained one asap.


Best Music: that has to be the opening of Deadman Wonderland, unfortunatly the series hasn`t been continued so I`ll have to get the manga's someday.


Best trade: well, that is a hard one, because I haven`t really been trading around a lot.  In the end, I`m going for some painted Fellowship figures I traded with Geert from the FHL for some Rohan Outriders, plastic Lothlorien elves and some plastic Dwarf rangers though.


Best Convention or Event: no, not Crisis, as I couldn`t emerge myself in it this year as it was a second hand dump edition for me personally, so that makes I`m opting for WarCon, where i could "live" the full experience.

Greatest Disappointment: without a doubt the resin models of the Dragon Empire by Titan Forge.  Brittle, bend, not worth the money for my tastes...


And there we have it, my year 2019, as seen through my multicolour glasses... now let's be amazed at what 2020 will bring my way!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten