donderdag 26 december 2019

The 2019 Goals, what was achieved

So the year has gone by, and that means it's time to look at some goals.


Now with my RL calendar being overhauled seriously as we found a new place about half a year before we planned to, that means it was a struggle to actually get a lot of it done...

The first goal achieved this year was completing the Analogue challenge, where I kept the whole challenge in it's Middle earth theme this time, and in the end coming out at 753 points of my projected 750, so that was a good one.  And it helped me complete quite a nice amount of Lord of the Rings figures on the go.


But then it all became more of a struggle, as I just didn't get around painting figures in serious big batches...

For example, the Crisis figures where nowhere finished, and that is not counting those that joined the ranks with this years edition of the show.  The same goes for the Blood Bowl team, started during AHPC 8 LAST year, and still haven't gotten much progress in the past year due to circumstances, and won`t porbably as I MtO the Chaos Dwarf team in the meantime.

Talking the three Middle Earth forces, while both Minas Tirith and Mordor reached their goals, the Rohan force is trailing far behind though, and will carry over into 2020 (amongst many other forces I'll put on my agenda, check back next week for those!) in a fresh effort to get 1000 points painted of the noble horse lords.


But all in all, I did manage to paint 217 MESBG figures this year, the plastic batches doing a great job in boosting numbers, albeit I fell seriously short of the 300 figures goal.

On the read and watch department, I'm a bit on a split mind.  Gutted painting time means gutted watching time, but none the less the numbers in the end did turn out okay, even though some serious binging took place near the end of the year...

The result of this was that finished 21 books, so that is rather nice, with a 1 to 3 ratio of them being various rulesbooks, but that was a goal I could mark off halfway in the november already.


The anime and series counters, clocking off respectively at 12 and 16, started very strong, but then it all dwindled down around the middle of the year.  But the resurgence near the end of the year did boost the numbers a bit again.  Nevertheless, I failed to reach my set goals by a long shot...

You see, in that middle period, with renovations and the pregnancy dominating most of our time, we just sat down for the occassional movie, and as a result 33 have been seen, the "objective" being reached half of november this year round.


For the wargame events, I ended up at 5 events and tournaments participated, mainly divided amongst february on the one hand, and november on the other, but in between it was a rather calm affair.


Not so calm on a paperwork level, I ran the course of two leagues / campaigns to and end this year, coming in 2nd at the long Dux Britanniarum campaign on the one hand, and ending in the pack at spot 12th in the 40k league, which for me was seriously hampered in playtime due to above mentioned reasons, as I only got around half a dozen games in at the end... and then sold my army in october.

So 2019 has been a mixed succes for my goals, but with 2020 I`m going more ambitious again never the less, check back in a few days to see what I have planned for myself!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten