woensdag 25 maart 2020

AHPC Decompression: Frakkin' Movement Trays

It is a thing.  After every AHPC, I need about a week to get back to actually painting in a rhytm suited to social life requirements, instead of the "steal every second for brush strokes" speed of the past 3 months.

It is also a thing that if there is one thing I really don`t like in the hobby, it's preparing movement trays.  It's boring, messy with all the flock going around, and gives in my opinion not much of a satisfication upon completion.

Not to mention the fact that painting and finishing those simple plastic plates takes as long as a piece of scatter terrain...


Okay, except perhaps lining up all the LOTR models of the past year that got painted up in the cabinet nice and tidy...

So I force myself to always do the movement tray thing the week after the AHPC, and go for the amount I have lying around at that time.  The benefit though is they are all printed, this batch by my "pre Ender 3" buddy to go to for prints, but he gave me the files as well that I had him make, and now I can print up my own in between... and store in a box until probably next year end of march.

To that end, this year I tackled 48 of the trays, 18 for infantry and 30 for cavalry for should I really actually start rebuilding my dozens upon dozens of Rohirrim.  They are all stripped, they are all ready... but I keep getting distracted.

But heck, at least I now already have some flocked stuff ready to mount them on... and found a use for that Vallejo bottle of Mutation Green that stood here untouched for 3-4 years now...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten