maandag 30 maart 2020

My Middle-Earth dice tray

Ever since I published my last Battle Companies battle report, found HERE, I received a few inquiries on the dice tray I use in there, and where I got it from.


The answer is actually way more simple, it's a 30 seconds do it yourself creation.

If you have the Battle of Pelennor Fields starter box (aka, the 6th edition starter), you have gotten that double sided ruler and Middle-Earth map insert.  I took of the measuring part, and that is the artwork in the tray itself.

The other part of the tray is a cheap picture frame (which I bought at a dutch storechain called HEMA past september), and removed the "stand up" part on the back for if you want to put the frame upright on a cabinet.


The art piece was then inserted into the frame (put perhaps a white paper behind it, the frames paper edge that comes with it left a small half centimeter gap at the side) and closing it up, the dice tray was finished, voila.

Keep in mind, due to the smooth surface of the frame, dice with straight corners (like the GW Middle-Earth ones) seem to slide instead of roll on it, which doesn't happen when one rolls d6 with the more rounded off corners.

Hope you like the simple way how it was created!

2 opmerkingen:

  1. I suggest removing the glass to enable more friction for the dice on the cardboard. If you haven't done that already of course

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Problem is the actual art would "slide out' as the plexi is what keeps it in place, so i`m looking into other ways for the next tray (for my opponent" I want to build

      Verwijderen