maandag 6 mei 2024

On Tour to the Frituur part 2: Frituur Apollo in Wijnegem

 The second frituur I visited, I saw this open when I came out of Kringwinkel Wijnegem for a thrift hunt at the early days of march.

The sun was finally returning to Belgium, so on this lovely spring day, I went in for a quick snack. 



Located on the Merksemsebaan 128 in 2110 Wijnegem, this place is a lovely wooden chalet standing in the greenzone across the thrift store.  Now of course, with the sunny weather, and it being lunchtime as I was there around 12.30, the benches where ocupied, and it was to good weather to sit down inside.  But I worked around that, more on it in a few.



My order

A small fries with tartare saus, sprinkled with sate spices, and a Berepoot.  This, translated as a Bearpaw, is a meatball in lices, alternated with an onion in slices, and also has the sate spices over it.  This came down to 8.90 euro.
The fries where fresh cuts, which you can see by the potato skin being fried with them here and there, but to be honest the Berepoot was a bit on the greasy side though.  For the tartare sauce, sadly they didn't have home made one like many places have these days, so this is the bit more sour tasting variant of the large saucebrands.  But it went smooth to get my order, prepared by a friendly I guess father / daughter combination, and within a good 5 minutes I could attack my foodies.



Conclusion

Opening the trunk of the Rasta Cruiser II I placed myself in there to enjoy my little meal.  As I said above, the fries where super, but the rest rather mediocre, So I'm rating this place a 6 out of 10.

Now for the next journey, for which I guess I'll be visiting my "regular" place where we take out for home usually once a fortnight.
 

 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten