zondag 5 juli 2015

Starcom Convention Report

Today, we from BeLUG send an expidition to the newest sci-fi and comic convention in Belgium, namely Starcom, taking place in the ICC in Ghent.

Okay, `delegation`... let`s call it a dastardly duo as this existed of me and Kris.

This did mean though that we didn`t get any real time to wander around the place and look for shopping trips, but I have managed to get some pictures before this wonderfull moment happened: the opening of the doors of the very first Starcom convention.

And we had premium places, being right at the entrance of the event.  Lots of people saw our brickworks today.




But hours before, that was still some hard labour.  Getting up at 5, leaving at 6, but with a good ride and some rather punctual delivery of tables, we could begin setting up around 7.30, and where finished nice on time before the clock ticked 10 and the doors opened.





Now, these sorts of conventions have a lot in common, being traders with a variety of ranges, both new and vintage














But also a lot of awesome cosplayers.  I loved the little girl, she was so delighted to be asked to pose in front of my Helicarrier.



Though sometimes I do have doubts where some costumes and clothes place their `pointe`.

A very good looking DeLorean was also present.


And of course, the places to fill the inner person.

Some other activities could also be enjoyed, like a cosplay message party.





Kris tames his own girls.



But that brings us to the final part of these events: the LOOT

Which is absolutely nothing.  I`m sticking good to my plan to only buy Lego and suffer withdrawal from the rest.

Well, not totally nothing, I got my convention brick for participating with BeLUG, so this is a true collectors item, as only 2 are now adorning badges of participants :-)


It was a very tyring experience for me, but in the end, the convention itself was a winner and a welcome addition to the `scene`, nice and relax atmosphere and spatious booths and walkways.

To be continued next year if I have anything to say in it!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten