maandag 26 november 2018

The Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge 9

The AHPC is back, and I`m in again this year!

The theme is "Fellowship", and as you can see on the logo of this year's challenge, it`s right up my painting alley.


Curt also did a great job creating 5 different bonus rounds, in the form of Reconnaisance, Sport, Mercenaries, Water Feature and Fellowship.  While I have a pretty good idea what I will be doing in rounds 1, 3 and especially 5, I have no clue yet for the other two.

This will also mean that all my Lord of the Rings unpainted and undercoated models on my paint desk have been removed for now, as I will start painting on them from the 21st of december onwards.  This time, I`m not planning the way I did last year, by trying to toss something out every week.

Instead I`m going for "forces" of the MESBG every time, like 20+ Orcs in one go, an eored of Riders of Rohan, that sort of things.  I don`t know if it`ll work out that way, or that I`ll be returning to weekly or two weekly entries, but for now that`s the tactical plan.  Keeps the deadlines more fluent as well, as long as I finish something in the first month, and in addition for the bonus rounds where able.

To that end, I only went for a modest 750 points goal again.  Last year that was because I had no idea how the challenge worked, this year this is mainly due to work obligations.  And 750 points still means 150 infantry figures in scale 28mm, or 50 each month.  Quite a bunch actually, even if I could snatch some extra points with cavalry and bonus rounds.

But I HOPE to have finished by the end of the challenge a nice videoclip containing a LOT of Orcs, Moria Goblins, Army of the Dead, Rohirrim, Uruk Hai and Men of Minas Tirith at least, smathered with a variety of characters and smaller groups...

Let it be the 21st soon!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten