donderdag 15 november 2018

The Real Deal! Warhammer Shadespire battle report

And we have arrived at the point where the game becomes for real.  

After playing a couple of games to really get to know the core rules, me and Noshi played this game `full option`, meaning with the decks self-build instead of preconstructed.

I switched out almost all the "hold objective x" cards for the Khorne slaughtering cards, as I commanded the Reavers again, while Noshi took Steelheart.

I once again deployed deep, with axe wielding bloke being my spearhead of attack.  I had learned from the previous game that he hits hard with his big chop attack, so Brightshield would be his main target again.

Under the gaze of Garrek, the Reavers surged forward while Noshi instead opted to stock up on cards.

Come turn two, I attacked the big hammer Eternal, but only managed to get him inspired.

The same story on the other side of the line, as Noshi blocked my attacks.

The eternals retaliated, and two of my warriors went down as a result.


With the final turn now in play, Garrek arrived and tried to take down Brightshield, but failed...

At this point, Noshi was in the lead, but I had enough points in hand for the final turn, winning with 3 points as a result.

While my objectives where well stacked, I failed to actually take down even one of the Eternals, who once they are inspired and on guard actually block with EVERY result on the defence dice when supporting each other... so I really would need numbers with cards like Frenzy to even try and crack their armour...

But this is a fun little game, and we are getting Nightvault as well soonish, while I have my eye on the Goblin band and it,s hilarious looking fanatic figure...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten