donderdag 11 april 2019

Mordor vs Rivendell: Infiltrate and Assassinate MESBG Batte Companies BatRep

After being held off during their raid into the forests around the Last Homely Home, the orcs have set up camp in an ancient ruin to lick their wounds.  But the Elven patrol hunting them has plans to assassinate the leader and break their spirits...


Following the first battle me and Noshi did last friday, we had time for a second game of Battle Companies still, and this time I let her choose the scenario, coming up with scenario 7.



In this scenario, my forces would be the defenders, meaning I had to keep my lieutenant alive while trying to push the elves past their breaking points, meaning 3 off the 5 had to be taken out.  No easy task considering how it went before and the problems I had beating them down.

The forces picked where the same as in the first game, and my Orcs would be moving as setries until the alarm was raised.

I had priority and my troops wandered around a bit, except those that mattered.  My lieutenant stayed where he was, and the ones defending the entrances walked away...


So enter Noshi's first turn.  She moves the archer to have line of sight to my leader, knocks back an arrow to let fly, hits him between the eyes and after a failed Fate roll, the scenario is over and the Elves are victorious.

Take that in... One Move, One Shot, One Kill.  The end...

Okay, so this must have been the fastest defeat I ever suffered.  One movement fase of random wanderings of my Orcs was all I got to do, and roll for Fate once and of course failing...

Well played by Noshi on how she moved the Orcs out of the way, and then a well placed shot was good thinking.  Had she failed to take him out, the alarm would be raised and I could start ambushing them as they filterd through the doorways, but alas, now they are all just staring at the corpse of their leader, an arrow pointing out from his skull without ever knowing where it came from...  I told you guys and girls in the previous game already what a nuissance the archer was, but this was making it complete.

One Move, One Shot, One Kill.  The end...

3 opmerkingen: