woensdag 1 juli 2020

Painting Tutorial: Simple Tatooine round house

Well, time for something rather new on this blog, and a direct result from Project Far Side: an actual painting tutorial.

Now, I'm not by far the greatest painter, I`m just a fast painter that can turn out things to an okay level for the tabletop, and that is fine by me.

So for this first time, I`m showing off how I painted (and will be painting a lot more) of small scale round houses in a Tatooine style.  People who follow this page, will have seen the house already made and printed for Star Wars Legion scale during the past AHPC HERE.

The model is a 3d printed file from Thingiverse, and I resliced it to 20%, aka a good downscale ratio for 6mm scenery originating from at first 30mm.


Once printed, I do not use a primer or undercoat on the models, as PLA really absorbs paint well, so I could start out with the first basecolour from the get go.

So without further ado, here is the modest tutorial:









A simple paintjob that does a great job to add terrain to your Star Wars / Science Fiction table for gaming, especially if you print a heap of them to get some fast progress.

1 opmerking: