woensdag 15 juli 2020

Knights of the Zodiac season 1 part 1

Okay, so I knew my heart would bleed when I was going to start watching this netflix series, and not just because of the CGI style.


The first season part one details the galactian War, where the Bronze Saints are introduced, and Phoenix Ikki steals the gold cloth.

This leaves Seiya, Hyoga, Shiryu and Shun to collect it back from him... and there the good things of the original anime end.  They just changed TO much for me to even be able to vaguely enjoy it.  So bear with me with the horrible things they did to it:

The Grade Foundation is no longer the orphanage to train boys to become Saints, but a weapons development company that want to harness the power of a Saint for military use.

Saori knows she is Athena.

The tournament itself is not a high coverage media event, but something in a forgotten bunker in the desert.


They fight tanks and helicopters.

And then the thing that really turned my stomach seven times: the Black Saints are not fallen saints of Death Queen Island, but Bane like cybernetic enhanced warriors (including Cassios!!!!!) to fight Saints.

And if that wasn`t enough, here is one more, perhaps the most terrible heresy of all: Andromeda Shun... is a GIRL.  It's not that I have a problem with a genderbend in a series, we are in a different era, but he is perhaps the one character it shouldn`t have been done with.  I hope for the creators of this monstrosity that it doesn`t become a success and they have to go all the way to the Hades chapter, because they will be in for a ride then around Shun...

Perhaps the only, ONLY thing this first part did right, is that Hyoga was an assassin sent by Sanctuary, something the original series left out from the manga.

But no, this is utter rubbish and a shame for the franchise.  I will finish the first season with part 2, but I doubt after that I`ll bother to look for new seasons.  Well, baby Thorin likes the flashy CGI colours, but when he gets old enough I`ll show him the good originals instead!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten