vrijdag 4 november 2022

Asian beers taste test

 A benefit of working right next to an asian supermarket, is that when an idea for beers for the Untappd app hits you, you can immediatly act upon it.

So when one afternoon I thought "let's try some asian beers next" after the Hopt.be I did a while ago, I went there during lunch and grabbed some bottles.



So, 11 euro and 45 cent laters, I was back at my office desk with this nice selection of 6 beers.


I have no clue if they are any good, but it is perfect to give it a try as a freshener during the evenings.

The selection consisted of the following 6 as such:
 
Iki Yuzu (4.5% ABV, 12 IBU)



Perhaps the one I was most curious about, as it is a spiced / herbed beer containing green tea.  But when I scanned it into the app, while it sounds asian, looks asian and is sold in an asian supermarket... it's a dutch beer, brewed in Den Bosch!

Asahi Super Dry (5% ABV, 20 IBU)
 

 
Just like it should be, a simple, freshening pilsner with no fancy shmancy things around it.
 
Sapporo Premium Beer (4.9% ABV, 18 IBU)
 
 A fresh and refreshing lager, fine for that after work sip. Really liked this one.
 
Kirin Ichiban First Press (5% ABV, 18 IBU)



Love the label, so this bottle goes in the collection of empty bottles I keep on a small shelf.  And this was a bloody good lager as well, I even rated it with 4/5 on Untappd.  Fresh, clean and malty, right up my alley.

Bia Saigon Export (4.9% ABV, 0 IBU)



Let's see what this Vietnamese beer can do.  Well, I think I can best describe this (and Noshi agreed) as "cheap frat party keg beer".

Singha (5% ABV, 20 IBU)
 


The final one is a Thai beer.  And to be honest, they don`t have the punch, being a rather flat lager without much taste.  Quite rubbish tbh.

So that's a first selection of asian beers I tried.  Now, they have quite a few more, and I will definitly be shopping there again in the not so far future to grab myself some more specialities to add to my account and experiences!
 
 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten