maandag 21 november 2022

Brussels Tattoo Convention 2022

 The weekend of 18, 19 and 20 november, Tour and Taxis was hosting the Brussels Tattoo Convention again.


And my tattoo artist that put Lunamaria on my leg, was present there as well, so I could make an appointment for some colour correcting after the healing process in one go.

So together with Ribbi the Artist and his partner Katia, we hopped in the Ribbi-mobile and drove of to Brussels.  
 

 
My goals bar the appointment?  Look for an artist to put my planned Thorin tattoo on my skin, and some good cover up / restoration artists to freshen up some of the older ones I have.  And Noshi went out there in search of fine line artists to do a black and grey chest piece.
 
Though this particular tattoo artist grabbed my intrest...
 

 

 
Spread over three halls, artists from all over Europe, as well as some from beyond, showcased their portfolio's.  
 
 











People could go for bigger works with appiontments they made before the show, or walk in for some flash tattoo's like Katia did at the show.
 

 




Personally, I found an artist, Mornee Tattoos, with a style I love and a great Kitsune in her portfolio that I want to put on my arm for Thorin, the fox being like his totem animal.  The great thing is she is from the Walloon part of Belgium.  I am going to contact her to inform if she comes to the Antwerp convention in April 2023, and if so I'll be booking a spot there with her.  If she doesn`t, I can still do a city trip with Noshi and have it placed at her shop as such.  Because it is "only" a 2.5 hour drive from our front door.




 
We did find a LOT of inspiration on the convention, as the "loot" of stickers and adress cards shows, so now we are scrolling through all their websites and selecting potential artists for her, and who knows for me. I found the adress card of the Saint Seiya artist near Marseille for example at last (I've been searching on the net for him ever since the 2019 convention, but Covid you know).




But first things first, and that is to make some appointments with Kenny from Dead Bones Tattoo for 2023.

 



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten