zondag 13 november 2022

The Brother's War MtG pre-release

 Eight years.  That is how long it has been since I played Magic the Gathering.



But now with Thorin going to school, I treated myself on a day out with the boys.

Well, some familiar faces at least.  And I went to Outpost here in Antwerp to play the pre-release event of the newest expansion.  Now, considering I have no intention of playing weekly or even monthly, but just occassionally poppin' in to get some mental boosting, I had a plan.

Take cards with as little text possible, and just go in all guns blazing, seeing where we'd end up in the four rounds.  And put the cards afterwards on my Cardmarket account in order to finance my Weiss Schwarz collections.  I don`t have time to study, or even decently follow, new card releases anyways.

To that end, I ended up with the following deck:



And this was the rest of my pool:



Now, as always you goet a promo card, which was the lady on the left for me, and we got another foil as well, this to celebrate the 30 years of Magic the Gathering.



But the event itself then...

In the first round, I lost 1-2 verses Black / Red even though grabbing the first set with 20-0.  The second set however I ended colour screwed, and in the third a big 4/4 trample haster which copied itself twice made short work of my meagre defence line.

The second round, I met my old nemesis, Bye, so that was an easy 2-0, which actually put me on the top 3 at that moment!

So I went in for the third game, facing a red / black combo again build around a Phyrexian Devourer.  In the first set I went swiflty over him, but a mana flood and the big beast crushed me in set 2.  So up into the thrid one, I kept a removal in hand should it reappear, which it duly did.  As I obliterated the beast at a cost of 7 life, I took the set and as such the game.

With the result that I actually ended second in this event!



Price support wise, that meant two more booster packs for me, whom I`ll be opening one of these weeks on YouTube I guess.  Now to go list those cards and rest on my laurels until I get another outing.



Hopefully sooner then in 8 years though...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten