maandag 3 april 2023

Arel Tattoo Convetion 2023

 Okay, so what was planned to become a weekend out for me and Noshi, with both getting a tattoo by Mornee Tattoos whom we discovered at the Brussels Tattoo Convention last november, turned out in quite a solo adventure.



You see, as my dad is recovering from lung cancer and my mon broken a thigh bone, we didn`t have a babysit, so instead I went alone this time and Noshi will get hers in november at the 2023 edition of the Brussels convention.

Okay, so i reduced the booked room from 2 to 1 night, but as we where preparing my train schedule last friday before I left, suddenly works have showed up on the train line, which wasn't there 2 weeks ago.  That meant in order to get back, instead of a 3 hour train ride, I would now be on the way for about 5 hours, starting with a bus trip of 2 hours before training for 3 hours including changes, and then the tram home.  Needless to say, I left Arlon at 16.22 to arrive at home around 22.00 hrs, quite a tireing trip to be honest.

But heck, I got this awesome Kitsune now on my forearm, including freehand work by the artist to add his name as well.









The hotel itself was good value for a 2 star budget place, and the breakfast was alright with a nice selection of local hams and cheeses.  
 

 

And it had a good bathtub for some reading and shaving the arm in preparation for the tattoo being placed.



Though watching Pokemon in german was quite an experience...
 

 
The convention itself, to which I didn`t have time to do a big walk around, was a good size with about 50 artists and it was just crowded enough to be cosy without being to busy.  And that also helped for the (very democratically) priced lines at the drink stand and the food trucks.  But as I needed to hurry to the train station, I didn`t get a chance to look at much to be honest, let alone start collecting stickers and cards of artists that picked my intrest.
 




 
So yes, it was an adventure in the end in which I spend more time on public transport then on the 5 hours on the tattoo bench, but it was definitly worth it and now I have this awesome piece made by a very friendly artist.
 

 
Now to start preparing for the next tattoo to be placed ;-)


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten