zaterdag 20 februari 2021

The Brexit Alternative: Battlefield Berlin

 In the third instalment of trying out various european retailers, I ordered from Battlefield Berlin.



Now, I came to this particular store as I was going to shop "aimed" for this third experiment, in that I wanted a store that could provide me with both a Frostgrave wizard, as well as some 15mm fantasy models for use in Nightwatch.

And so Battlefield Berlin ticked most boxes, and an order was made on the 15th of february.

This also brought in soething I don't really like: there is no instant cart checkout.  After making your order, you get a note that you will receive an e-mail from them with your total, including adjusted shipping (the site listed DHL 10 euro for my order), as well as any discounts.

You see, there are no regular discounts on the webstore, nor a loyalty program (this really seems to be a UK thing, as this is now the third store in a row lacking this) or free shipping outside of Germany.

Anyways, that e-mail came on the 15th, about an hour later, and with the mention everything was in stock.  I do think if you order outside "humane hours" like on a sunday at midnight, this might take a bit longer for obvious reasons.

My order initially totalled 46.90 euro and 10 euro shipping, with payment through Paypal.  The total became 53.90, as the shipping was three euro less actually then the estimate.  AND it was send the same day, talk about speedy!!!!

The order arrived the 19th, nicely packed and with the added bonus of two bags of Haribo gummy bears, which Noshi duly claimed.



The order I placed contained some skeletons and vampires for Nightwatch, which I`m planning to do in 15mil as said earlier, and they distribute Demonworld, now produced by Ral Partha Europe.  I also ordered a cannon for my T9A force, and a blister with a Frostgrave Thaumaturge.



So, the verdict

+ Ultra fast shipping
+ Good selection of ranges

- The fact you don`t see the shipping cost at checkout.

But a very positive experience in the end, and a store I will certainly be using again in the future!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten