maandag 15 februari 2021

The Brexit Alternative: Frontline Games

 And so we come to the second of "a lot" of potential alternatives from ordering stuff from the UK, the well known German retailer Frontline Games.



And this time, I ordered some "essentials" I needed for various projects.

Going by my checkboxes I initially set up, they tick the boxes:

1. They have a large selection of ranges, both fantasy and historical.

2. While not flat out discounts, they have several ranges on "special prices" which adds various discount percentages.

3. They have some older and obscurer lines in their range.

So, I ordered the 2nd of february, receiving a shipped mail on the 5th, and getting the parcel on the 15 th.



For this order, I had some special price discounts, roughly around 10%, and paid with Paypal, for which no additional fees have been charged.  Shipping costs was a flat 8.50 euro, making my total order at 23.18 euro, of which the items themselves where 14.68 including 19% VAT.

An account was created, taking only a few minutes to complete.  Now, the site doesn`t have a loyalty program, so no points can be saved up on that one though.



So, how was my experience for this retailer?

+ Great selection of ranges
+ Easy to navigate website
+ Special prices make for some lovely discounts

- No loyalty program

This store has definitly been bookmarked for future uses, as I have my eyes on some ranges they import out of the United Kingdom, and that is what this whole research project is all about after all...

For the third instalment, I'm going to be looking for a store that can provide me with some things I need, in this case a Northstar figure for a Frostgrave wizard when I'll make my second edition character, and some 15mm fantasy figures (a long shot, but perhaps some store has Demonworld lying around in a discount corner or so), so be sure to check back at the next instalment!


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten