vrijdag 30 april 2021

My MAL and MFC profiles

 Two handy tools in the arsenal of us otaku's, are MAL and MFC.

What does that stand for?  What do they do?

Well, MAL is short for My Anime List, an incredibly handy website that leds you track each and every anime you are watching, plan to watch or have completed over the years.  Personally I'm at 313 completed at time of writing, though as I have been watching anime as far back as 1986, I probably forgot quite a few.

You see, I discovered anime through Club Dorothee on french television at the young age of 6, yet it never let go of me while my friends moved to other television shows.  Paying arms and legs with hard saved pocket money for imported VHS cassettes, then with the advent of the internet see whatever I could find (yeah, Bible Black was a discovery as well... little did I know two decades ago about hentai) before the current day of streaming services... it amounts to quite a list.  It also allows you to list any manga you read!


So feel free to add me as a friend on there if you have a profile or are going to create one!



My MFC or My Figure Collection is a tool I only discovered myself a few weeks ago.  It handles the same principle as MAL above, but this is a database that allows you to track all your anime figurines and merch like keychains, acryllic stands and whotnot's.

 
Feel free to befriend me there as well if you want to. 


 
While my anime figure collection was way more impressive a decade ago, sporting Myth cloth's alone 100+ figures, love caused me to sell of my collection.  But the love ended and the collection was gone, leaving me not in a happy place.   So I recently decided (and got approval from Noshi) to restart, recollect and mostly reinvest, in a new one again.  The whot's and not's will be for a later post however, but needless to say my current list is still relatively modest, standing at 38 figures at time of this post.



So there you have it, two handy database tools for the anime lover, definitly worth checking out if you haven't already.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten