donderdag 1 april 2021

Aquarian AGE: Sign for Evolution

 So, I went to look for an anime to meet my every now and then needed Mecha fix, and came across this 2002 instalment of the Aquarion franchise.



Or so I thought...

Aquarion is usually a series where a couple of pilots combine vehicles into a big mecha, depending on who is the dominant person and emotion to define the look of the machine.

So, in 7 episodes of the 13, and having seen werewolves, space butterfly ladies and whotnot's, not a single mecha had been spotted.  Hmmm... then I noticed on MAL that the series is called AquariAn, not AquariOn.  In my defense, on the streaming site I subscribe to, it is also labelled with the latter title, AND was found under the Mecha department.



So what did we get instead?  A story about a boysband on the verge of breakthrough, but as it turned out this is all orchestrated as the lead is a key in an intergalactic war between no less then 5 factions.  Manipulation is rife in the series, as he and his girlfried come to decide the fate of Earth and Aquarian Age.

It was, in hindsight, not to bad a series.  While I won`t class it amongst the greats or the upper middle class, it isn`t horrible either at all.  It was just, well, not a mecha series x-D


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten