dinsdag 29 juni 2021

The 2021 Halfway Mark

 June, and as such the half of the year, has gone by, so it is time for the traditional look back on how the goals are going.



Well, mixed...

As you could see the past months, after kicking off the year epically with good AHPC painting volumes, the period afterwards has been very, very slow on the painting front.  Mostly due to Brexit and Covid, a topic I talked about months ago in a post, this has resulted in my reorientating a bit to other parts of my geekdom's.  More aimed at solo or family hobby things actually.



My anime collection has been getting serious boosts, but these are also about the only ones still planned to get painted, wether it is for solo play, or providing the forces for multiple players in odd and end games.  Combined with real life taking up a LOT of work (Noshi's injury, baby Thorin running around, work, ...) there is just no time to decently commit to the wargaming hobby.



And it shows in the numbers.  While I succesfully rounded out the AHPC this year again, and in doing so completed the target of getting a Rivendell force ready of at least 700 points, that is so far about the only thing obtained on wargame levels.  Part of it also has to do with the Ender being out of commission for 7 months now, as due to covid-19 issues the guy that came to fix it, can`t come over yet.

I did get some serious bumpings for the Rohan forces in the past challenge, as is the Tau force now at around it's halfway mark, but I can`t say if I`ll finish these goals up, though together with the Crisis figures one it's one of the goals I haven`t given up on yet.  But for the others it already seems to look grim...



On the not wargame front, the books are going okay, nearly at the halfway mark so that should be do-able over the coming 6 months.  The same goes for the Movies goal, as well as the series.  Halfway down the line this year, I guess that means we are on schedule.

The Anime has already blown past it's target number, as Noshi got her mojo back.  So we binged quite a few series together the past months, combined with the ones I watch on my own means that number is already well passed, and a lot more will be added.  Heck, who knows I might even make it to 50...



But all in all, it is rather okay for the goals this year so far.  I did manage to remodel my home office after the new windows where installed, going for a more roomier (and otaku) set up, at the cost of painting practicallity, so yeah, choices where made in that department I admit.



Now to see how far I will get on the goals this year, as I keep on pushing occassionally, and hopefully get the printer fixed soon to be able to restart painting gachapon Gundams for MechaTop!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten