donderdag 23 februari 2023

Beer Test: Kerel Organic Beer

 In this beer test, I`m having a look and a taste of 4 organically made bio-beers. 

Though honestly, I can`t imagine what is not natural about hops and all, but heck, I guess it's a hipster thing...



Kerel is a brand of organic beers here in Belgium, and has a heap different ones in their range.  When our local supermarket ran a 2+2 promotion, I had Noshi pick 4 different ones, and now we are going to have a look at them with a detailed taste bud encounter hehehe.  Will they be better then regular beers?  Or will they taste "flatter" as a result?  Only one way to find out!  Schol!
 
Kerel Organic Pale Ale (5%, IBU 8)
 

 
Their mainliner, and I honestly must say that for me it tastes a bit to bland and watery.
 
Kerel Kaishaku (15%, IBU 28)
 
 

Okay, those numbers make it a monster!  But nope, nope, nope, NOPE, this reminds me more of those cough syrups from the apothecary then a nice beer for after work.  Didn`t like this in the least.
 
Kerel Saison (5.5%, IBU 22)
 

 
Well, it's theur special one apparantly, but I wasn't impressed.  Don't get me wrong, it's a sweet, floral beer but not uber wow or such.
 
Kerel Grapefruit IPA (4.5%, IBU 53)
 

 
IBU 53???  That must be one heck of a bitter beer. Okay, so I tasted it, and while not that extremely bitter as feared, I must say I liked this one quite a lot.


Having tasted now 4 of their line, I must say that in general I haven`t been impressed with this organic alternative.  I fear this is more of a hipster hype to be honest, then really good beer.  I`m not saying they are terrible, but they are very average compared to the advertising of them.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten