zondag 30 september 2018

Our Burrows and Badgers demogame... thank you to everyone

And so it came to pass, past saturday at the TSA Battle Through the Ages openday Noshi and me presented the Burrows and Badgers game to the audience.

With a modified version of the "Mouse-hunt" scenario, starring another famous rodent, we took it to ourselves to get people to know this lovely game by Oathsworn Miniatures.

Two warbands took the field against each other in an effort to either catch Pikachu, or if failing that, to rout the enemy warband.  Fought over a 24x24 tile, the scenery was largely made by Noshi, while the trees themselves where borrowed from the club stockpile.

Of course, I rummaged through my collection to get some additional "in character" items to decorate our table with, including my famous Pikachu hat.  Yes Ray or Fran, if you guys are reading this, it is still the same one from "that Salute", she's an evergreen x-D



The game was well liked by the people that gave it a go, and in the short and basic ruleversion I cobbled together for this saturday, we could give people the grabs of the concept, and how a basic game at it's barest works out. 










The game seemingly was liked by all, and I want to thank Michael Lovejoy for the support he gave us in setting this up and spreading the word of the game.  Here are some pictures of various participants enjoying the little gift for playing.




I hope to see Oathsworn at Crisis 2019, as it's a company I'd love to have present at our convention next year, and finally meet "the creators" in the flesh as such.

So moving on to the future, we will be expanding the warbands with more of the lovely figures to give more of a choice in warband models for events, and we are going to build a small Pokeball to act as a counter for when Pikachu get's caught and hauled around.  Because it is entirely possible Noshi and me will take this game "on the road" still one or two times to demo it at other events as well.  So now it's onwards to complete the range in my collection, as well as getting my aws (pun intended) on the Sarissa terrain pieces.

Finally, I have been reading some comments and received some priate messaging from people on how they found our game "the winner" of the event.  While this is greatly appreciated by both Noshi and me, it also needs to be noted that everyone present, being organisers, volunteers, game leaders, players and visitors are the real winners for the glory of the hobby.

And now to start working on a concept for a game idea I already have for next year...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten