woensdag 28 september 2022

Fantasy Anime League: Fall 2022

 So MAL is running it's next Fantasy Anime League, where you can try and predict the best scoring anime's of the coming season.



And as my previous results showed, I suck at these.

Last year's fall edition put me in the "top 97%" while I improved a bit in this year's spring edition, ending in the "top 96%" of the participants.  Rock bottom in other words.  Though I estimate the total misuse of my Ace did play part in that so far.

Now, for this edition, hyper anticipated series like Chainsaw Man or SpyXFamily part 2 can`t be selected, so you had to pick one of three probably very popular series, and then 4 mains from the list, as well as 3 reserves to put on the bench.

Of course, I couldn't make myself NOT taking the new Gundam series, so my selection ended up as follows:
 
Of the popular expected series, I picked the second season of To Your Eternity, I have no clue about this series but it had the highest rating so far, and I want to try and score some points at least this League.
 
Of course, Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch of Mercury HAD to be on my team, I`m a bit of morally obliged to that and Gundam can always turn out to become a breakout series in ratings. 

The 2022 version of Urusei Yatsura was my next pick, because Lum.  Nostalgia galore for this series for me.

Shadow Garden was the next one I added to my core team, it seems intresting and is already on my plan to watch list for a long time.



And finally I took the fourth season of Golden Kamui, a series I still need to begin watching but which comes rater highly rated in reviews, so this might turn out to be a points grabber.

On my bench, I have installed the following three series as such, to try and swap in should there be a series that seems to explode into the ratings:

The second season of Muv-Luv Alternative, and even though I still have to watch season 1, the original years ago was a good series.

The second season of Megaton, because, well, mecha.  I know this is a serious niche in the anime community, but one day mecha will become dominant and I will swipe the tables... I might also be a tat delusional but heck.

And finally the second season of Kan-Colle, because who doesn't like battleships that are girls.

So that's it, my team that will go and try to get me at the barest minimum into the top 95% this time round.  Now to just figure out that use of ACE cards this time and get it right for once...
 
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten