dinsdag 6 september 2022

Hopt.be summer sale: my very first order

In my journey to taste a lot of beers, I recently discovered Hopt.be.
 
This is a website dedicated to, well, you guessed it, beer of course, and so I plunged in and tried it out.

The website ran a summer sale in july, so I went to look for 6 beers (which equals a carton they fill), UNDER 1.50 euro.

I managed as such a nice selection, and with discounts the 6 beers came to just below 7 euro.  With the 5 euro shipping, that meant that was basically free, as the total price was right over 11 euro.

The order was quickly processed, and less then 3 working days later, a solid cardboard box with bottle seperator inlays stood at my door.  And a magnetic bottle opener to boot.

So, what where the beers I selected?

* Hertog Jan Triple 30cl (8.5% ABV, 22 IBU)



A strong tripel with a great after taste, this is the perfect evening in the couch kind of beer for me.

* Leffe Ambrée 25cl (6.6% ABV, 25 IBU)
 

 
Okay, THIS is what I`m talking about when trying to describe beers I love compared to just like.  A tripel, and an amber, this is excellent stuff for my taste.

* Camden Hells Lager 33cl (4.6% ABV, 24 IBU)
 

 
A really refreshing, albeit compared to Belgian pilsners weak, british lager.  Surely recommended out of the fridge during heatwaves!

* Crew Republic Drunken Sailor 33cl (6.4% ABV, 58 IBU)


 
This is a fine IPA indeed, made in American, with both a hoppy punch and a fruity after taste.

* Franziskaner Dunkel 50cl (5% ABV, 0 IBU)


 
While this wasn`t to bad per se, it wasn`t my thing tasting like a weak copy of traditional dark belgians like Brown Leffe or the likes.
 
* Pauwel Kwak Amber 33cl (8.4% ABV, 0 IBU)

 
Nope, this was not my thing at all. To bitter and burnt caramel in taste for me.
 
 
So that was a very varied, yet cheap, selection of beers, and a site I will most definitly will be ordering from regularly!  It is not that because of one of them wasn`t for my tastes, the service and quality means being bad.
 
First experiment: great succes!


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten