woensdag 14 juli 2021

I caved in... please don't judge me

 For years of watching anime, I always wondered about the "what is all that vocaloid craze about" and never actually took a look at it.



Until a week or two ago, when I stumbled upon a Magical Mirai concert from 2016, strolling through YouTube.

I bit the bullet, and decided to listen / watch it... and was reeled in as if enchanted by the Mad Hatter.  It actually has some darn good songs ( I LOVE Ghost Rule).  Hatsune Miku actually looks like a genuine popstar on the stage and yeah...



... I bought a Hatsune Miku for my collection as a result.  At only 35 euro over at Akiba.be here in Antwerp, that was a great value for a so-called Sega price figure.  Sure, online in Japan I can get them around 20, but then 20 more gets added for shipping, and if unlucky if it gets hold by Customs, it can quickly total towards the 70+ euro range.  So for that size and price range of figures, I decided not to take the risk.



So here it is, my unboxing of the Hatsune Miku figure.  Coming from the Supreme Premium Figure or SPM line, the Pierretta:
 
 




Now, if only I can find the Ghost version still somewhere...

1 opmerking: