donderdag 19 januari 2023

Super Mecha Champions Caramel (mini-kit)

 After running a poll on my Instagram, the public chose Caramel to be the first kit of the Super Mecha Champions line I obtained to be build and painted.



So I duly obliged, and sat down to building first and foremost this mini-kit, containing three small sprues as you could see on the unboxing of the set I did a while ago on YouTube.

Of course, after studying the instructions and the parts first to get a rough idea of how it would assemble, the clipping and occasional glueing (I always do that for joints etc, as I don`t repose afterwards anyways) began.



The set is build in a series of sequences, and then at the end put together.  So first we had the top section, the main body, the arms and the legs.





These are then put together to form our cute little teddybear mecha.



So, that being done, it is time to get painting.  As usual for things I paint, I went for my three tone style, starting dark and lining colours upwards.  Note, I also based him already on a round base, which will be build on in due time onto a MechaTop suitable base.  
With Caramel being a beige yellow in colour as such, that meant I would start with a darkish beige basecolous, Dark Sand from Coat D'Arms.



Next the grey and brown areas where put in their first layer, respectively with Black from Vallejo Game Colour and Oak Brown from Army Painter.



The final basecolours are for the head, as well as some small details like lamps and such.  The head began with Orange Fire from Vallejo and Cold Grey from Vallejo, while the lamps had a bit of Intense Blue from Vallejo and Red Brown from Coat D'Arms, concluding as such the first layer of the model.



So on to layer two, and the colour I dread most: yellow!  And the torture device in question is Gold Yellow from Vallejo.
 

Once this was done, the other sections where also provided with a second coat.  This was done using Black Grey from Vallejo, Hairy Brown from Coat D'Arms, Blood Red from Coat D'Arms and Heavy Orange, Sky Grey and Magic Blue, all from Vallejo as well.
 

 
With it's second layer done as such, he is starting to look the part, and a gazillion timer better already then the flat plastic colouring he came with originally.
 
Onwards then to the third and final layer!  This was of course started with more yellow, in particular Sun Yellow from Vallejo.



For the other areas, this was all third toned with the following colours: Necromancer Cloak by Army Painter for the dark grey areas, the brown was done with Vallejo Flat Erath, and the detail parts with Gold Yellow for the head, Electric Blue for the lamp, both by Vallejo, and finally Coat D'Arms British scarlet for the fist guns.



All that remained now was using black and orange, both from Vallejo, to add the Kuma on the belly plate as I didn`t want to use the sticker.


With the paintwork now complete and the model varnished, it is time to go to work on a base. For now, I'm basing them on smaller round bases, but as I learned on their sote, the second Kickstarter will come with smaller scaled bases (apparently even the 5cm size I use for my gachapon models), so that will be revisited in the future for sure.

But here is Caramel, in all his cute teddybear glory:



These little kits are actually great fun to build and paint, also because I really enjoy that game for more then a year now.  I just hope they will bring out the other mecha as well eventually!
 

 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten